Monday, November 23, 2009

Jewelry Class Camaraderie

I have been taking a great metalsmithing class this fall. This is the nicest group of talented artists! It is such a gift to be able to work for a few hours a week with other jewelry aritsts and share ideas, questions, and some laughs.

Raol brought his lapidary set up tonight so we watched with facination as he cut and polished some gorgeous stones. I admired a piece of Boulder Opal so much he gave it to me. Yeah! It is not without a challenge however. He said, "I cut this several weeks ago, but still don't know what to do with it!"

Now my wheels are turning. I even managed to stay awake while laying down with my daughter to get her to sleep...only because I couldn't stop thinking about that beautiful stone and what kind of setting I would create for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment