Sunday, November 8, 2009

From the workbench to the Goat Farm

I took a great class yesterday, adding more to my growing knowledge of setting stones. This workshop was about setting stone in PMC (precious metal clay), taught by well known PMC artist and jeweler Nancy Karpel. We accomplished so much -- learning and creating -- in such a short time. I can't wait to finish up a sweet little pair of earrings with bezel set blue sapphires! They just need to be brushed, oxidized and polished.

But not right now. Today it's off down the road (literally .5 miles away) to Beltane Farm (http://beltanefarm.com) where they make incredible goat cheese. I will be selling some of my pieces there today along side a local honey maker with delicious honey and gorgeous beeswax candles and a vegatable farmer who has amazing greens and mushrooms!

Ciao for now!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment