Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rings, Bangles, Shakespeare.










Here is one from a fairly reliable source:
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." ~Shakespeare



I have been busy expanding my line of sterling and fine silver pieces. I love them for many reasons, but from a jewelry wearers (is that a word?) they are so great because they are classic, versatile and always lovely.



While I am working or dreaming up new designs, I find myself consistently drawn to basic forms and organic textures. Maybe to remind myself that life exists in simple moments, and nowhere else.


The final pieces are always informed by the medium. Hammer blows show purposefully on the silver. The precious metal clay (PMC) like to crease and wrinkle while it is formed and I leave those marks in the clay. It is a two-way process. I respect the way the silver responds to my input, and I leave the marks to show what happened in the process of making. In that simplicity, almost paradoxically, every detail is essential.


Check out some of the newer designs above!


Happy Thanksgiving!

~Kristen




No comments:

Post a Comment